Saturday, August 15, 2026

New Lens, New Project

I picked up another copy of the RF 45mm f/1.2 STM lens this past week. I had traded in the copy I preordered when the lens was released in December for the 28-70mm zoom lens back in the spring. Between a Canon instant rebate and rewards cash at Adorama, this copy didn't cost much more than I received for the original lens.

I've long thought about switching to the FujiFilm medium format GFX system someday. This system has a native 4:3 aspect ratio in contrast to the 3:2 ratio of 35mm film and full frame digital systems. As an exercise, I'm going to organize images made with this lens and processed in 4:3, or 3:4, aspect ratio in a gallery in the prime lenses folder at https://www.trulandphotography.com/Prime-Galleries/45mm43.

Here are some of the initial photos from yesterday and this morning.

RF 45mm f//1.2, f/8, 1/1500 sec., ISO 100

RF 45mm f//1.2, f/16, 1/750 sec., ISO 100

RF 45mm f//1.2, f/16, 1/45 sec., ISO 100

RF 45mm f//1.2, f/1.4, 1/45 sec., ISO 800

RF 45mm f//1.2, f/1.4, 1/90 sec., ISO 800

RF 45mm f//1.2, f/4, 1/90 sec., ISO 800


No comments:

Post a Comment