I am really liking the 4:3 aspect ratio format with the 45mm lens. I can set the camera's aspect ratio to 4:3 and it will just show that part of the image in the viewfinder and on the LCD screen. The entire 3:2 ratio image is captured in the RAW file, however, so I'm not losing anything in the process. And I can move the resulting scene from side to side a bit if I want to.
Cropping the RAW file is an extra step in processing but, with DxO Photolab, the 45mm lens, the 16-28mm lens and the wider part of the 28-70mm lens all require cropping to get to the 3:2, 4000x6000 file that is Canon's intended end result anyway.
Here are some scenes from this morning in downtown Troy, New York along the Hudson River.
 |
| RF 45mm f/1.2, f/6.7, 1/750 sec., ISO 100 |
 |
| RF 45mm f/1.2, f/8, 1/350 sec., ISO 100 |
 |
| RF 45mm f/1.2, f/4, 1/750 sec., ISO 100 |
 |
| RF 45mm f/1.2, f/2.8, 1/500 sec., ISO 100 |
 |
| RF 45mm f/1.2, f/2.8, 1/3000 sec., ISO 100 |
 |
| RF 45mm f/1.2, f/2.8, 1/3000 sec., ISO 100 |
No comments:
Post a Comment