Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Schoharie Crossing

Having decided not to keep the EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM lens, I sent it back to Lens Rentals a few days early. This morning I traveled to the Schoharie Crossing State Historic Site, a new location for me. Although I had a trail map on my phone, I didn't see an easy way to connect with any trails from the only parking lot I could find.

My main purpose was to check out the Schoharie Aqueduct which carried the old Erie Canal across the Schoharie Creek. While the creek is normally quite tame, in times of flood, like Hurricane Irene, or prolonged rain with summer storms, it becomes many times its normal size.

Here are some shots I could get from the East side of the creek where the visitor center and parking lot are located. I had both the 24-70mm and 70-200mm lenses, each attached to an EOS RP body.

97mm
70mm
192mm
89mm
24mm
127mm

No comments:

Post a Comment