Truland Photography

Friday, March 6, 2020

It's Done

I'm really happy with the way my trade in transaction with Unique Photo worked out. I had been trying to sell my 7D Mark II and four lenses on craigslist with no serious interest. Like everything else, craigslist is not what it used to be.

My total asking prices added up to $2,000, of which I could probably expect around $1,500 with no idea of the time frame. My inquiry of Unique Photo resulted in an estimate of up to $1,300 in store credit. This would be enough to get what I wanted so I shipped the gear down to them on Wednesday.

The gear arrived on Thursday, they checked it out and ended up giving me $1,330 which was the exact price for an EOS RP, control ring adapter, grip and an extra LP-E17 battery. No sales tax, no shipping. They shipped the order out the same day and I received it today, one day later.

Here is how my ThinkTank Photo Airport Commuter backpack looks packed up with my current every day equipment.


Starting with the bottom center we have my original EOS RP with the adapted EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM lens. Moving clockwise by compartment; batteries for flash and cameras, 270 EXII flash and remote cord; the new EOS RP with control ring adapter; EF 17-40mm f/4L USM lens, RF 35mm f/1.8 macro IS STM lens; EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM lens; [Pro]master compact XC522 tripod with head and rocket blower; lens hood for the 17-40mm lens in the center. 

I have OP/TECH pro loop connectors on both camera bodies which I can use with their shoulder straps or their dual harness system.

UPDATE 3/7/2020: Here are the first shots with the new RP body at one of my usual new gear testing locations, Cohoes Falls. These are five file HDR composites with no deghosting added to blur the water a bit. 




UPDATE: As of the end of March, I have moved down to a ThinkTank Photo Airport Essentials backpack which is about a half inch narrower from side to side, almost two inches shallower and a bit shorter when standing up. I like the arrangement better and it's noticeably smaller and easier to handle. The only gear change is the tripod is no longer in the bag and the filters are no longer in an exterior pocket. I even have room for another RF prime lens (50mm) when Canon gets around to releasing it. 


UPDATE: I discovered that the 70-200mm lens had some right side softness issues on the full frame bodies so I replaced it with an EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM. I previously had one of these lenses but replaced it with the 70-200mm L lens for weather proofing and speed with the 7D Mark II body. Here is the updated bag photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment