Thursday, December 20, 2018

The Holiday Period Tamron Concentration

I'm renting a lens for the first time from Lensrentals.com primarily due to their offer of a free week if you rent before Christmas with a return after New Year's. And, my 12 day rental at the cost of 5 days turned into 13 days when the lens arrived a day early and I was able to pick it up first thing in the morning at a FedEx location near me.

The lens I rented is a Tamron SP 85mm f/1.8 Di VC USD to pair with my already owned Tamron SP 45mm f/1.8 Di VC USD lens. Now that I have two Canon EOS 5D Mark III bodies my plan for the holiday period is to have each of the lenses affixed to a 5DIII and leave it there.

I have a nice bag set up which fits both cameras, extra batteries, memory cards, filters, etc. and which weighs 8 pounds. Which is a good thing since following my cataract surgery on 12/28 I'm not supposed to lift more than 15 pounds for a week, which rules out my usual backpack weighing over 20 pounds.

Here is a shot of the bag setup.




And here are some shots made with my EOS M body and kit lens showing the two setups.








Images made over this period will be tagged with the "5D4585" label. I hope to get a lot of shooting in but an extremely rainy weather forecast and my eye surgery might cause some problems.


No comments:

Post a Comment