Truland Photography

Thursday, December 27, 2018

December at Vischer Ferry Nature Preserve

I'm glad that I rented the 85mm lens mainly because now I'm sure that I don't need a lens like that. If you're not shooting portraits in low light without flash, the lens really adds nothing to the gear I already have.

I've struggled to find uses for the lens and today decided to give up and headed up to the Vischer Ferry Nature and Historic Preserve with my 5D Mark III the 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM lens and a monopod. I figured the monopod would help stabilize things for HDR bracketing at the longer focal lengths.

All of the following are bracketed sequences except for the solitary goose, the robin and the equestrians.


219mm

300mm and cropped

300mm and cropped

300mm

187mm

300mm and cropped

84mm

187mm


No comments:

Post a Comment