Saturday, December 15, 2018

Monochrome and Color - 5D45

Temperatures in the low 40's and no precipitation compelled a walk around with camera this morning. After the trip to Maine, where I mostly used the 24-105mm and 70-300mm zoom lenses, I went back to the Tamron 45mm f/1.8 prime lens.

I'm renting the 85mm version of this lens over Christmas and New Years thanks to Lens Rentals' promotion of a free 7 days when you rent from before Christmas to after January 1st. The 85mm lens is a $750 lens and the cost with the promotion, including shipping, is $82 for 12 days. My plan is to rig up a bag which will hold my two 5D Mark III bodies, one with each lens, and use that kit over the holidays.

This morning started out on the cloudy side then more sun broke through. Some of the drabber shots I processed in monochrome. In addition, the shot of Lock E2 had some green flare from the sun being in the frame but it isn't noticeable in monochrome.


Confluence of the Hudson and Mohawk Rivers

Lock E2

Old Champlain Canal

Old Champlain Canal

Waterford Town Hall


No comments:

Post a Comment