Truland Photography

Sunday, February 23, 2020

I May Have Changed My Mind

[update 3/02/2020: I'm now back to selling items and picking up another EOS RP. Currently awaiting a shipping label to Unique Photo in New Jersey where I will get store credit for future purchases.]

I've had no real interest in the Crop sensor body and lenses I've been trying to sell. I've also been prepared to sell the 200mm f.2,8 and 2X extender lenses, all to raise funds for a second EOS RP body. I think I've decided not to do that and have deleted my craigslist ads for that equipment.

My current plan is to use the 7D Mark II for most of my photography and limit the RP for use with the RF 35mm lens for when I want a compact camera or as a second body with the 70-200mm f/4 lens for indoor events like school plays.

I will need another body eventually but it could be a second crop sensor body (if Canon ever releases a 7D Mark III, for instance), a second R series body or a full frame DSLR.

I obviously picked up the EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS and 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 lenses while I still had two 5D Mark III bodies fo I must have been thinking of using the 7DII for general purposes. So maybe I should do just that.

So, gear evaluation continues with many more options available. Here are some examples from the past two days, all different combinations.

Schodack Island State Park - EOS RP w/ EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM
Schodack Island State Park - EOS RP w/ EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM
Hudson River Sunset - 7D Mark II w/ EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM
Hudson River Sunset - 7D Mark II w/ EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM

Although the Bald Eagles did not cooperate and pose this morning, this is the image I will be able to capture once the birds are constantly on the nest. I have seen them working on the nest and hanging around the area so I'm confident there will be lots of opportunities again this year. Without the 7DII I wouldn't be able to get this kind of shot.

Bald Eagle Nest - 7D Mark II w/ EF 200mm f/2.8 USM + 2X III

No comments:

Post a Comment