Truland Photography

Monday, February 3, 2020

Hoping to Say Goodbye to my 7D Mark II and EF-S Lenses

As I continue the migration from Canon DSLR bodies to their mirrorless R series bodies, I've kind of been stuck as I have the EOS RP full frame body for scenics, etc. and the 7D Mark II DSLR for sports and wildlife, etc. I've decided to sell the 7DII to raise some funds for a second EOS R series body before the resale value of the DSLRs sinks too far. As I won't have a crop sensor body I'll also sell my EF-S 10-22mm, 17-55mm and 60mm macro lenses.

There are strong rumors that Canon is set to introduce a couple of new EOS R series bodies with image stabilization built into the bodies rather than relying on just the lenses for stabilization. Accordingly, I'm not going to sell my 17-40mm and 200mm L lenses, which are not image stabilized but which would be awesome with a camera body with built in stabilization.

One of these new bodies is rumored to have a 45MP sensor which, in crop mode, will render 17MP images which is not that much less than the 20MP 7DII. It will supposedly be announced this month but not be available until July.

Here are what may be the the last image I make with that body, the other day on Peebles Island. It is with the 200mm f/2.8 lens and 2X extender and heavily cropped.




And here are some shots with the EOS RP and EF 24-70mm f/4L IS lens this evening down at the river.





No comments:

Post a Comment