Monday, January 27, 2020

Still Testing the EF 70-200mm f/4L IS Lens.

I'm still deciding whether my 2011 copy of this lens will be a long term member of my kit or if I should upgrade to the newer version of the lens or get the 70-300mm f/4-5.6L lens.

The 70-300mm lens is shorter when not in use and will fit better in bags and backpacks. But it is significantly slower (lets less light in) at 200mm. The newer version of this lens has a bit better image quality and significantly better image stabilization. But, I own this lens and keeping it won't cost me a cent.

So, for now, I think my first priority should getting a second full frame EOS R series body and use the lenses I have. Canon is set to announce at least one new R body in the next month or so. The decision then will be whether I should just get another EOS RP or whatever the new body turns out to be. [edit 01/28: A new rumored body sounds fantastic but will be expensive. You can read the rumors here and here.]

Here are some shots from late this morning at Cohoes Falls and Peebles Island.

144mm
70mm
81mm
200mm and cropped



No comments:

Post a Comment