Friday, January 17, 2020

EOS RP and EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM Lens

I picked up the EF 24-70mm f/4L IS lens I rented from Lens Rentals at a local FedEx distribution center this morning. I love that I can have rental lenses shipped there as I pick them up first thing in the morning and have a whole extra day of use. This lens, however, I'm almost positive I will buy rather than return it.

I also rented the EF-RF control ring adapter but, after using it a bit, it's not something I need. The plain adapter that came with the EOS RP is sufficient. The control ring adapter will be going back to Lens Rentals. I have the control rings on RF lenses (or the control ring adapter) set to adjust ISO. I reprogrammed the * button on the RP to enable ISO to be adjusted by pressing that button and turning the main control dial. The * button normally controls exposure lock but I set the shutter button half press to include that function.

Here are some shots from today with the 24-70mm lens. As usual, all are 5 file HDR composites.

Cohoes Falls from Oakwood Cemetery in Troy - 70mm
Cohoes Falls from Cohoes - 70mm
Oakwood Cemetery - 24mm
39mm (cropped a bit)
70mm
70mm

No comments:

Post a Comment