Tuesday, January 14, 2020

EOS RP and EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Lens

The evaluation of lenses for use with the EOS RP continues. Today, I used my EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM lens for a hike around Vischer Ferry Nature Preserve. I purchased this lens back in early October, used on eBay.

This copy of the lens is over eight years old and shows some wear. I've used it for college soccer games back in the fall with my 7D Mark II and for school musical photos with my 5D Mark III.

Today I wanted to test it's usefulness as a landscape lens with the RP and I think it did well. It will certainly suffice until I upgrade to either the newer version of that lens or the EF 70-300mm L lens.

My next step in gear migration will be to rent an EF 24-70mm f/4L IS lens and test that out with the RP. I may or may not purchase the lens at the end of the rental period.

Here some shots from this morning:








No comments:

Post a Comment