Tuesday, November 26, 2019

One Step Forward, One Step Back

A new beta version of Photomatix Pro lets me process RAW files from the EOS RP in HDR software. There are still some rough spots in the beta software. It doesn't seem to save the EXIF data from .CR3 files to the finished product. It's not a settings issue because it saves all the information in .CR2 file HDRs.

Thinking maybe it was my older version of MacOS, I decided to update to the latest MacOS, Catalina, despite knowing that it would render the only version of Canon's DPP software I can get running useless. The new OS didn't help things and now I have to use Photoshop Elements to resize, crop and process single RAW files I don't want to run through the HDR software.  I may end up going back to a Windows machine after over 8 years with two Apple computers.

Here are some shots from this morning's walk around Peebles Island.










No comments:

Post a Comment