Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Nothing

I've had nothing to add to the blog over the past several weeks. The trip to Maine fell through, primarily due to weather. Weather at home has kept me from being outdoors and using the EOS RP.

I'm increasingly committed to moving over to the Canon mirrorless system. It's complicated planning that migration. Things I need to sell, things I need to keep, things I need to purchase.

Another RP body and some RF lenses would be necessary. The good RF lenses are not cheap. Of the two basic f/2.8 zooms, the 24-70mm is $2,300 and the 70-200mm is $2,700. A cheaper option is the RF 24-105mm f/4 which is currently $900.

Then there's grips, batteries and adapters. All things considered, I want to be out shooting.

My last 5D Mark III is definitely going to be sold along with my EF 24-105mm f/4L lens. But I've got to be absolutely sure before I sell that camera.

Stay tuned.

UPDATE 12/20/19:

I decided to rent the RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens over the holidays. I barely made it under the wire for normal shipping to have it by Christmas Eve. It's scheduled to be shipped back on New Year's Eve, but, LensRentals' quote to buy this copy of the lens, after rental fee discount is only $855 which includes tax.

As I said, a new lens is $900 plus tax so I'll have a week to evaluate the lens and if I like it I can keep it for less than getting a new one.

Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment