Sunday, June 2, 2019

Paddling the Waterford Flight of Locks

Last September I shot a benefit event called Kayaking 4 Meso which involved kayakers traveling down through the Waterford flight of locks on the Saturday of Tugboat Roundup weekend. Photos of that event can be seen here.

I saw a similar event publicized for this morning. I think it may have been organized by the Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor but sometimes groups publicize events but aren't organizing them.

In any case, I decided to intercept the flotilla at some point along the flight of locks and ended up catching them as they were waiting to descend lock E5 so I waited at lock E4 to catch them transiting toward the lock and exiting below. I used both a 5D Mark III with the EF 24-105mm f.4L lens and the 7D Mark II with the EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II lens.

Here some results with the full gallery located at https://trulandphotography.com/ptf2019.














No comments:

Post a Comment