Truland Photography

Saturday, June 22, 2019

5D Mark III and 40mm Pancake Lens

I'm still bringing the backpack with almost my complete kit except flashes,  but I've been using my second 5D Mark III body and the 40mm pancake lens for the most part. These photos are all made with that combination.

Yesterday, I was hoping for a decent rainbow at Cohoes Falls after the rain we'd had along with a pretty strong north wind. The missing ingredient was strong sunlight. Also, a north wind carries the mist away from the falls while a south wind builds the mist up at the base of the falls for a stronger rainbow in the late afternoon.




On Thursday, the New York State Canal Corporation tweeted a photo from 1919 of Lock E2 in Waterford with some old style canal boats. This morning, I wanted to reproduce that scene as best I could. I know that the first boats go through this lock around 7:00 AM so I headed over and waited. Here is the photo tweeted by the Canal Corp. along with a couple of my attempts at reproduction.








Finally, here is a scenic of the Hudson River made on my walk over to Waterford this morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment