Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Vischer Ferry Nature and Historic Preserve

I have two pages on this blog of scenes from the Vischer Ferry Nature and Historic Preserve in Clifton Park. There is one from this past March and one from this past May.

Today I walked around with my EOS 70D and EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM lens. It wasn't so much the macro feature I was interested in but the image stabilization. I was in the mood to use a normal prime lens but wanted to be able to hand hold bracketed shots and Canon does not make a 50mm stabilized lens for full frame bodies so this lens with it's 56mm equivalent field of view on a crop sensor body is about as close as it gets.

To be honest, if I had carried the 5D Mark III with the 24-105mm lens and the 70D with the 70-300mm lens I could have gotten better scenics as well as some nice portraits of Great Blue and Green Herons. Perhaps later in the week.

Here are some of the shots from this morning. And, yes, I know Purple Loosestrife is an invasive species and we'd be better off without it. But you just can't ignore color like that.















No comments:

Post a Comment