Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Version II of EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 Lens

I received my other copy of the lens I blogged about here. This copy is designated "II" and was made in Taiwan. It is in better condition and still only cost $105. Interestingly, despite supposedly having identical optical formulas these two lenses have different lens profiles in Canon's DPP software.

I grabbed the lens for a quick walk down to the Hudson River last evening hoping for a decent sunset as chicken breasts marinated in my fridge. I bracketed as usual for HDR purposes but in addition to the five +/- 1 EV bracketing I added +1 EV exposure compensation. The resulting images then were normal, -1 and +1, +2 and +3 EV.

The first three images are HDR processed composites while the last image is a single file as the ducks were moving.










No comments:

Post a Comment