Sunday, November 1, 2015

Water Drops on Fallen Leaves

I was walking around this afternoon and noticed the reflections of water drops on fallen leaves that for various reasons are still lying on what sometimes is a combination of grass and weeds. I grabbed my 5D Mark III and EF 70-200mm f/2.8L lens with 500D closeup lens/filter attached.

I noticed that the water drops only formed on the under side of the leaves. Leaves that had fallen right side up did not have the drops on them.

I came up with two reasons for this. The upside down leaves are concave and the drops stay in their shape while the right side up leaves are convex and the water runs off. Also, it could be that the tops of leaves are designed to absorb water and the bottoms not so much.

This is unfortunate as the underside of the leaves are not nearly as colorful as the top. In any case, here are four shots - no HDR this time.













No comments:

Post a Comment