Monday, March 18, 2013

Back to Making Images

While I wait to hear from eBay so that maybe I can make some progress selling my camera, I stopped briefly at a drained canal to shoot some scenics. I've been waiting for some diffused, but decent, light in order to highlight the arches which are mostly under water when the canal is full.

I suspect the purpose of the arches is to disperse boat wakes in the narrow channel which is the canal. This section of the canal is located between locks 2 and 3 of the Erie portion of the New York State Canal System in Waterford, New York.

All shots are three image +/- 1.5 EV HDR processed files made with a Canon EOS 5D Mark II and either the EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM or the EF 70-200 f/2.8L USM lens. Exposure information in the captions is for the normally exposed image. Shutter speeds will vary appropriately for the other two exposures.


200mm, f/5.6, 1/350 sec., ISO 400

110mm, f/5.6, 1/250 sec., ISO 400

32mm, f/11, 1/250 sec., ISO 400

No comments:

Post a Comment