Sunday, September 22, 2019

First College Soccer of the Season

Last year I only shot a game and a half of Hartwick College Women's Soccer. This year I have the ten frame per second 7D Mark II body which is ideal for field sports like soccer. Yesterday was my first time out with that body for soccer and it didn't disappoint.

I ended up with almost 20 gigabytes of RAW files and went through over half of a battery. I ended up with 105 images to start off this year's Hartwick gallery which you can view at https://trulandphotography.com/hwsoc2019.

I chose a poor location in Hartwick's attacking half of the field the first half as they players coming toward me were backlit. Movement of the sun and the exchange of ends of the field made for ideal lighting in the second half.

Here are some examples of shots from the second half. The match, with St. John Fisher, ended in a 0-0 draw.








No comments:

Post a Comment