Monday, March 11, 2019

A Slow Start to March

It's been over two weeks since my last blog post and it's past time to get March started. But, while I've been shooting a bit here and there, no single outing warranted the space and effort. So, I'll combine a bunch of stuff into one post.

Continuing with the gear theme of the last post, I'm happy with the 7D Mark II decision although I haven't really had a chance to use it with any real intent. Here is what the eagle nest will look like with the 7DII and 70-300mm lens at a 100% crop.




Contrast that with an image from the same lens and one of my 5d Mark III bodies cropped to the same 1500x1000 resolution.




By the way, it's about time for the eagles to be incubating eggs on the nest. The 7DII photo was from Friday, May 8th.

My Photographer's Ephemeris app indicated that, from my usual vantage point, the sun would be setting behind the Peebles Island water tower on March 1st. Even though the sunset was not a good one I headed down to document it. Here is a shot with the 5D Mark III and 70-300mm lens at 200mm.




And, finally, here is the latest layout of my ThinkTank backpack with both 5DIII bodies and the 7DII. I picked up a Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM to use with the 24mm pancake lens on the 7DII with its built in flash for things like family gatherings, etc. And, my attempts to sell the Tamron 45mm lens not having born fruit, it's back in the bag.





No comments:

Post a Comment