Truland Photography

Friday, October 19, 2018

Happy Birthday To Me, Sort Of

I know that I said back in June that my gear was set for the rest of the year. What was I thinking. I actually didn't make it through the month before picking up a lens - that I've now sold.

Actually, December 31st is probably the only day it's safe to say that my gear is set for the rest of the year. Late in the day on December 31st.

As the Gear for Sale page indicates (at least as of this date), I'm selling all my crop sensor bodies. I had originally intended to pick up a used 6D body to go with my 5D Mark III but through a chance email from a photographer friend, I learned that he was selling an older 5D Mark III that had received a new shutter last year. The price was the same as for the 6D body. It was an offer I could not refuse.

As my schedule yesterday and today, my birthday, was light, I made the 200 mile round trip to pick up the camera yesterday. The one change I might consider sometime down the road would be to replace the 70-300mm lens with a 100-400mm lens since I won't have the crop factor to make the 300mm have the view of a 480mm lens. The Canon 100-400mm zoom also takes extenders which, with the 1.4X, would give me a 560mm f/8 option.

Here is a shot of my ThinkTank Photo Airport Commuter loaded with the new gear. Some other lighting equipment is in a shoulder bag.





And here are some shots from my morning walk around Peebles Island with the two bodies. One with the 24-105mm lens and the other with the 70-300mm lens.  No deer sightings today. A rarity.











No comments:

Post a Comment