Friday, August 11, 2017

A Late Start for August

Part of the reason for a late start to blogging in August is the demise (mostly) of my 2010 MacBook Pro. At the end I had to use a mouse and a USB keyboard to do any work at all. The replacement 2015 MacBook Air has the same RAM and storage size but it has a faster processor, the storage is an SSD rather than a hard drive and the screen resolution is 1440x900 rather than 1280x800.

The new computer processes photo files noticeably faster and has USB-3 ports which will transfer files much faster. A Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter lets me use my firewire drives without having to resort to their slower USB-2 alternative connections.

Today is the first chance I've had to process files on the new machine. My walk over to and around Waterford afforded the material. My 5D Mark III and 24-105mm lens were the capturing tools. The new computer and Photomatix Pro software were the processing tools for five file HDR images.


82mm, f/8, ISO 100

55mm, f/8, ISO 100

28mm, f/8, ISO 100

32mm, f/8, ISO 100


No comments:

Post a Comment