Sunday, November 6, 2016

Hoboken, New Jersey

Yesterday saw a day trip to Hoboken, NJ for an Empire 8 women's soccer playoff match between Hartwick and Stevens IT. I shot the match with my EOS 80D and EF 70-200mm f.2.8L lens.

The much faster SD card fixed the delay caused by the camera writing to the card which I experienced back in October with this same combination. I shot most of the match at f/2.8 and ISO 100 on aperture priority which was giving me shutter speeds of from 1/1000th to 1/300th of a second. As I think there are still some focusing issues with this lens (although they're much less pronounced than with the EOS 7D) I wish I had chosen f/4 for the added depth of field.

Here are some action shots from the match along with a Hartwick group hug as they ended their excellent season with this 2-1 playoff loss.












And, Stevens is located on the Western shore of the Hudson River above Frank Sinatra Drive in Hoboken, right across from Manhattan. Here's a five file HDR made with my 5D Mark III and 24-105mm f/4L lens.


No comments:

Post a Comment