Thursday, March 28, 2024

Goodbye to Zenfolio

Today's activity has been to open up a SmugMug account, get some photos uploaded and transfer my domain name from Zenfolio to SmugMug. It is not yet a completed task but it's actually farther along than I feared.

Complicating matters is that Zenfolio is so screwed up these days that I can not download my files and have to search through archives on various portable hard drives so that I can upload them to Smug Mug. You know it'll be a chore when there's a pop up apology message before you even try to do anything.

SmugMug is half the cost of Zenfolio and all I'm losing is a self contained blog (which hasn't been working correctly) and the ability to sell prints, etc. (which I almost never do). My plan is to keep it very simple and upload only a fraction of what I would have uploaded to the Zenfolio site. Other, less artistic images, will show up here or on Instagram. 

One issue I will try to iron out is that the URL must be www.trulandphotography.com to work correctly. I've been correcting the links on the blog and Instagram. Until June 1st, the Zenfolio site can be viewed at https://trulandphoto.zenfolio.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment