Truland Photography

Monday, July 1, 2019

Two Short Trips

On this morning's walk, I carried my second 5D Mark III and the 17-40mm lens. I followed this up with a quick drive out to the end of Flight Lock Road in Waterford to Alcathy's Boat Launch with my original 5D Mark III and the 24-105mm lens.

One thing I've been using lately, but never bothered with before, is the Custom Shooting Modes on the 5DIIIs and the 7DII. As Canon describes it:
You can register current camera settings, such as the shooting mode, menu functions, and Custom Function settings, as Custom shooting modes under the Mode Dial's C1, C2, and C3 positions.
So, for instance, I can go from settings where I'm bracketing exposures at high speed continuous drive with averaging metering to single exposures at silent shooting with center weighted averaging metering just my moving the mode dial. I should have started using this feature long ago.

Here are some results, all 5 file HDR composites.


21mm

17mm

23mm

24mm

40mm

No comments:

Post a Comment