Friday, November 16, 2018

Fiddler on the Roof

It's time for the annual Fall musical production at my local public school district. I've been shooting one of the final "dress" rehearsals for about six years now, using a variety of camera bodies and lenses.

This year, like last year, I used one of my Canon 5D Mark III bodies and the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens. These last two years are the only ones where I didn't have a 70-200mm f/2.8 (or equivalent) lens to use. With the shorter zoom and slower aperture I've had to position myself closer to the stage and raise the ISO a bit.

The ISO isn't a problem with the 5D Mark III and the only real problem with the shorter zoom is not being high enough to shoot over the orchestra, etc. in the foreground. You can see all of the galleries over the years in the collection at https://trulandphoto.zenfolio.com/burghdrama.

I think I actually prefer being closer to the stage. In any case, this year's photos can be seen at https://trulandphoto.zenfolio.com/fiddler. I usually post a representative sample of the shots I like best but this year I'm going to post a series of shots that I really like.

Most every photo had to be adjusted for white balance, highlight and shadow, contrast, brightness or something else before being converted to a jpg and uploaded to zenfolio. This series, however, was as good as it was going to get without any adjustments. A dream sequence behind Tevye as he sits in his horseless cart.

For some reason, white balance and everything else fell into place inside the computer in the camera. I love it when that happens.













No comments:

Post a Comment