Truland Photography

Friday, September 14, 2018

Hudson River Sunset - It's Been A While

I had to go all the way back to July 17th to find the last time I shot this sunset scene. I can see the sky in this scene from my kitchen window and be down at the river in a couple of minutes. Lately, it's either been overcast or cloudless.

Last evening it looked like the clouds might cooperate so I was prepared to head down if the sunset panned out. I prepared my 5D Mark III and 17-40mm lens as I was hoping for the big sky and water reflection look this location is made for.

The sun was still visible as I arrived and the cloud color was not yet really photo worthy. As the sun disappeared the color crept in. It wasn't the most dazzling sunset I've seen here but it was the best I've seen lately.

A dedicated gallery to sunsets at this location can be viewed at https://trulandphoto.zenfolio.com/hudsonriversunsets.









No comments:

Post a Comment