Wednesday, May 23, 2018

This Morning on Peebles Island

Although the Canon EOS 50D I've been using lately for telephoto shots is capable of producing some good results, when a local photographer advertised a lightly used EOS 70D for sale at a good price, it was a deal I couldn't refuse. I've previously owned a 70D and have mentioned some of its strong points. For my purposes, and in comparison to the 50D, its advantages are 20MP versus 15MP, 7 frames per second versus 6, a "silent" shooting mode, 5 or even 7 bracketed files versus only 3, viewfinder grid pattern and camera level, it shoots video and it uses the same batteries as my 5D Mark III.

My only other planned gear upgrade over the course of the summer is a better telephoto zoom lens. I'm currently thinking the EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM. When that is taken care of I can sell either the 50D and the 55-250mm lens or the EOS M with its 18-55mm lens, adapter and the 55-250mm zoom. At that point, my big ThinkTank Photo backpack will be at the Goldilocks place. Not too empty and not too full.

Here are some shots from Peebles Island this morning. All with the EOS 70D and EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM lens.















No comments:

Post a Comment