Thursday, November 16, 2017

High School Musical 2017

I have documented dress rehearsals for seven Lansingburgh school plays now, going back to April, 2013. This years musical is Thoroughly Modern Millie. For the first time I didn't have an f/2.8 zoom to use and the first time I didn't have a 70-200mm or equivalent zoom to use. ISO 3200 and f/4 resulted in some pretty slow shutter speeds but the image stabilization helped a bit.

My tools this year were my 5D Mark III and EF 24-105mm f/4L zoom. I missed the option of standing back farther in the auditorium and zooming in. It was more difficult getting from one side of the stage to the other as the rows near the front were cluttered with kids, backpacks, etc.

The usual problems of white balance and uneven lighting made for a slow processing of the images. I ended up with 260 images including headshots.

The full gallery can be viewed at http://trulandphoto.zenfolio.com/millie. Here are some samples.

 












No comments:

Post a Comment