Friday, October 20, 2017

40mm Pancake Lens Project

I've decided for the next year or so to limit my casual shooting to Canon's 40mm f/2.8 STM paired with a full frame body, currently an EOS 5D Mark III. Of course, I'm not going to use this setup for sports or documenting the Bald Eagle nest. And I probably won't use it for all scenic opportunities or events like stage productions. But for most everything else, I want to take a year and see what develops.

I've put together a small sling bag, Lowepro's Slingshot 102 AW, and some accessories including a Canon 270EX II Speedlite with omnibounce diffuser, a polarizer filter, a remote release, a screw on lens hood designed for the old Canon Powershot S1IS, a small rocket blower, a spare battery, etc. I've actually got two copies of this lens so there's a spare one of those as well.

Blog posts used with this kit will be tagged with the "Pancake Project" label. Here are photos of the setup.









No comments:

Post a Comment