Sunday, September 27, 2015

100% Crops and Some More HDR

I brought along my 5D Mark III and EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM lens on my walk yesterday morning. The low morning sun created some nice lighting for HDR scenics.

First is a bush in the middle of a field of cattails which for some reason makes me think of an African savannah. This image was shot at 200mm and I needed a faster shutter speed for the hand held shots. I used ISO 800 and f/6.7 for increased depth of field and the shutter speeds of the five images ranged from 1/90 sec. to 1/1500 sec.




There was a line of Canada Geese flying North not too high up and I decided to try and capture the group and see what it looked like cropped in close. I didn't get the zoom ring all the pay to the maximum so this shot was made at 195mm. Here is a 100% crop which you can click on twice and scroll across to see the whole image.




Finally, here is an industrial scenic of the back side of the Momentive silicone plant North of Waterford, NY. This is again a five image HDR composite followed by a 100% crop of the top of the distillation towers from a different image.






No comments:

Post a Comment