Saturday, October 18, 2014

On the Sidelines with the Sigma 50-150mm f/2.8

Last evening I travelled to Oneonta, New York to shoot some of the action at a NCAA Division III women's soccer match between Hartwick College and Union College. I was positioned to one side of the goal right off of the goal line behind the dasher boards.

This positioning with the Sigma 50-150mm lens allowed for nice framing of action in and around the eighteen yard box and from the box to the sideline on my side of the field. I stayed put for both halves to get both defensive and offensive players.

Lighting was somewhat typical for artificially lit outdoor fields. At ISO 3200 and wide open at f/2.8 I was able to shoot at 1/500th and 1/750th of a second. Here are four examples. I added 33 images from this match to my gallery at http://trulandphoto.zenfolio.com/hartwick2014.

All images are made with a Canon EOS 7D and the Sigma lens.










No comments:

Post a Comment