Truland Photography

Saturday, April 12, 2014

The Annual Crocus Post

The crocus finally popped up today. I had mentioned a while back that two years ago, during the warmest March on record, I was able to photograph them on March 19th. This year was similar to last year when I photographed them on April 15th, although I can't say for sure that is the first day they were up.

Yesterday, there was nothing but dead leaves in this patch of yard and today there are crocus. I'll pay attention to how long they flower this year to get an idea of what the range of dates could have been in other years.

UPDATE: Blossoms were only out for two to three days.

Here are a few shots, the first with my iPhone. I have no idea if the data is correct or not, it's what shows up in Canon's DPP software.


iPhone 5, f/2.4, 1/1092 sec., ISO 50

EOS 7D, EF-S 60mm f/2.8 macro, f/8, 1/250 sec., ISO 400

EOS 7D, EF-S 60mm f/2.8 macro, f/8, 1/180 sec., ISO 400

EOS 7D, EF-S 60mm f/2.8 macro, f/8, 1/180 sec., ISO 400

No comments:

Post a Comment