Monday, April 22, 2013

Earth Day on Peebles Island

I took a couple of hours this morning to hike around Peebles Island with my EOS 7D and EF 300 f/4L IS USM lens. It was around 40 degrees and sunny and for once I ran across some wildlife while I had the right equipment.

Wildlife I was able to shoot was the usual White-tailed Deer and what I'm identifying as a Cooper's Hawk. The Sharp-shinned hawk is very similar but smaller. This Hawk was definitely over 12 inches in height. The Hawk photo is cropped considerably. The deer photo is not cropped.


Canon EOS 7D, EF 300mm f/4L IS USM, f/6.7, 1/2000 sec., ISO 400

Canon EOS 7D, EF 300mm f/4L IS USM, f/6.7, 1/180 sec., ISO 400

I also have some shots of a deer that decided to start urinating as I was taking her picture but I don't think I want to go there. One of the things I like best about Peebles Island in the Spring are the swampy areas and the green that shows up there before it shows up anywhere else on the island.

Canon EOS 7D, EF 300mm f/4L IS USM, f/6.7, 1/1000 sec., ISO 400

And of course it wouldn't be Earth Day without some documentation of how we humans seem to always mess up nature's beauty in some way or the other. And, of how nature seems to be able to make the best of it anyway.


Canon EOS 7D, EF 300mm f/4L IS USM, f/5.6, 1/350 sec., ISO 400


No comments:

Post a Comment