Sunday, July 1, 2012

Another Project

I like photography projects, which I define as a series of photographs made over a period of time designed to tell a story which none of the single photographs could tell on their own. For me, having a project serves both as a focus for photography and motivation to make photographs.

I blog approximately once a month about my Peebles Island Trails Project which is a year long project, begun in March, documenting the trails on Peebles Island State Park in Waterford, New York. There is a link to that project on the right.

Another project I've started began when I was shooting Spring foliage following a light rain back in May. I posted a couple of photos in a blog post which you can read here.

Since then I've followed the end of a single Red Pine branch at it emerges it's new growth. I now have seven photos in the series beginning on May 1. You can visit the project here. There is also a link to this project on the right.

Following are four samples from the project showing the progress of the branch. The current view really hasen't changed since the last photo shown here. We'll have to see what happens over the course of the summer.

All photos are made with a Canon EOS 5D Mark II and EF 300mm f/4 IS USM. I try to keep the vantage point similar but, depending on highlights in the background, I sometimes need to move closer or farther away from the branch. I then crop to somewhat standardize the size of the subject in the frames.


May 1

May 14

May 22

June 19

No comments:

Post a Comment