TrulandPhoto

Thursday, November 26, 2015

The 15 With the EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Project

Starting on Thanksgiving Day I'm going to add an image made with my Canon EOS 5D Mark III and the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM lens every day for 15 days. This combination of Canon's third most expensive camera (behind the 1DX and 5DS/5DSR duo), currently $2500, and Canon's least expensive lens, currently $110, should make for an interesting exercise.

In addition to the camera and lens combination I'll use a small Canon 270EXII Speedlite and my old set of Cokin Series A filters which consist of warming, graduated gray and blue, neutral density, circular polarizer and a combination warming and soft effect filter called SunSoft. I'm going to eschew HDR processing and have some fun the old fashioned way. I also will not be cropping for composition.

I'll add each day's photo, which may or may not have been taken that day, at the top of the images on this page and occasionally post a blog entry with some photos and a link to the page.

Here is the first image:


11/26 - Rusting in the Woods - f/2, 1/350 sec., ISO 400

No comments:

Post a Comment