Sunday, April 21, 2013

High School Musical

Last week, I shot a dress rehearsal of a high school musical for parents, friends and cast to access on my Zenfolio hosting site. This was not a production of the musical "High School Musical" but a high school production of the musical "Grease".

In all, I was at the rehearsal for four and a half hours and shot 673 photos which took up more than 18 gigabytes of space on my CF cards. I spent 6 hours and ten minutes processing the RAW files and the 191 photos I added to a Zenfolio gallery took over three and a half hours to upload.

I used a Canon 7D with an EF 50mm f/1.4 USM lens for the head shots. I had a Canon Speedlite 580EXII, bounced onto a Rogue FlashBender, controlled wirelessly by the camera situated above and to my right. I used the on-camera flash of the 7D, held in portrait orientation, to fill in some light from the left.

For the rehearsal shots I used a Canon 5D Mark II and an EF 70-200 f/2.8L USM lens on a monopod. All shots were made at f/2.8 and ISO 1600 and shutter speeds ranged from 1/125 sec. to 1/500 sec. depending on the brightness of the scene.

The entire collection can be viewed at http://trulandphoto.zenfolio.com/grease. Here are six representative shots from the rehearsal:














No comments:

Post a Comment