Truland Photography

Friday, November 30, 2018

If You Can't Sell It, Use It

I haven't had luck selling my Canon 70D crop sensor camera body which I decided to part with when I picked up a second full frame 5D Mark III.  So I decided to start using it again and even picked up a couple of crop sensor lenses, the 24mm f/2.8 pancake and the 60mm f/2.8 macro, to use with it.

Here are two shots with the 24mm pancake lens which has the equivalent field of view of a 38mm lens.







In addition to the 24mm and 60mm lenses, the 70-300mm zoom lens will also see action with the 70D as the 1.6x crop factor gives the lens an equivalent zoom range of 112-480mm. These shots are from a walk around Peebles Island this morning with the 70D and 70-300mm zoom. It was overcast and color was hard to come by. It was also one of those rare excursions on Peebles Island without any deer sightings.









No comments:

Post a Comment