Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Testing the 50D as a backup with the EF 17-40mm f/4L

One reason I switched from the EOS M3 to the EOS 50D was to have a better backup to my 5D Mark III for general purposes should the 5DIII have an issue in the middle of something. On a crop sensor body like the 50D my 17-40mm lens serves as a general purpose lens with a full frame equivalent focal length range of 27-64mm.

I've used 50D bodies with different copies of the 17-40mm lens at various times over the years but haven't used this body with this lens at all. This morning I did my usual walk over to Waterford to try out the combination.

These are all three file HDR composites, the exposures bracketed 1 1/2 EV over and under. The first two photos show the focal length extremes of this lens on a crop sensor body.












No comments:

Post a Comment