Truland Photography

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Closing Out November

My highest ever number of posts in a calendar has been 73 back in 2013. This is my 73rd post in 2017 and I've still got the trip to Maine for Christmas By The Sea coming up.

This post has photos with the 5D Mark III with the 40mm pancake and 24-105mm lenses and the 7d with 70-300mm DO zoom lens. First is this past Saturday's Christmas parade and tree lighting in Waterford with the 40mm pancake lens.






Tuesday morning I walked around Peebles Island with the crop sensor 7D and the DO zoom. I wanted to test this combination on the Eagle nest to see if it will be sufficient for any documentation I want to do over the Winter and Spring. I think it'll be fine as long as there's enough light for low ISO and contrast.

There are four slightly different vantage points. This one is the closest but not my favorite which is farther away and lower but (at least last year) it has a better view into the nest as that side of the nest is less built up.


100% crop sized to 1500x1000


And yesterday, around noon, a front came through with some nice clouds but lots of wind and I went over to the Cohoes Falls. These are with the 5DIII and 24-105mm zoom.


82mm

47mm

No comments:

Post a Comment