Saturday, October 8, 2016

Some More College Soccer

For a night match last week I chose to shoot with my 5D Mark III and 70-200mm f/2.8 lens. I figured that with the full frame camera I could shoot at 6400 ISO and still get clean images while still being able to crop for tighter photos. That all worked out fine. I was having issues with auto focus, though.

A lot of files had no active focus point indicated when I was reviewing the files. So, either there is an issue with my back focus button or I was not keeping it pressed sufficiently. My subsequent testing didn't indicate any obvious issues with the button.

I had a fewer number of images than usual to add to my gallery at http://trulandphoto.zenfolio.com/hwsoc2016. As usual with sports under the lights it's best to shoot in manual mode, in this case ISO 6400 and f/2.8 at 1/1000th of a second. If anything I had to reduce brightness and/or highlights on some images. Here are four from the match.











No comments:

Post a Comment