Tuesday, September 15, 2015

A Familiar Scene, Three Years Later

There was some very nice light on my morning walk today with a low rising Sun and reflections off the water. I took the opportunity to shoot a familiar scene which I documented almost exactly three years ago in a blog post on HDR processing here.

Three years ago I used a Canon 5D Mark II and an EF 17-40mm f/4L USM lens, bracketing three images, +/- 2 EV. Today, I used a Canon 5D Mark III and an EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM lens, bracketing five images, +/- 1EV each.

You can see that New York State has been doing some work stabilizing the old Cluett, Peabody and Company textile plant which is on the grounds of Peebles Island State Park. The framing of this scene is pretty much determined by trees to the left and the bridge structure on the right. You can see the shadow of the bridge in all the shots.


September 23, 2012

September 15, 2015

September 23, 1012

September 15, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment