Thursday, June 20, 2013

Walking and Dealing

While we wait for Summer to show up here in Upstate New York, I continue to do my walks in the morning and have spent a lot of time trying to sell my EF 70-200mm f/2.8L and EF 300mm f/4L IS lenses in order to pick up a new EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II lens before the $300 instant rebate runs out in 9 days.

I've managed to sell the 70-200mm non IS for enough that if I get a fair price for the 300mm, together with what I have allocated, it will adequately fund the new lens. A week on eBay with no takers, a few promising Craigslist purchasers who don't follow through and trying to negotiate the world of FredMiranda.com's for sale forums has made for an interesting time.

Here are a few shots from my walks this week. The shot of the Common Snapping Turtle laying eggs was technically made in Peebles Island State Park but on Van Schaick Island just over the bridge from Peebles Island. The swamp shot was made on Peebles Island following a period of above normal rain and is an HDR processed image with +/- 1 1/2 EV bracketing.

Canon EOS 60D, EF 40mm f/2.8 STM, f/4, 1/125 sec., ISO 400

Canon EOS 60D, EF 24-70 f/2.8L at 24mm, f/3.5, 1/60 sec., ISO 800 

No comments:

Post a Comment