Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Heading to Rochester

I'll be heading to Rochester tomorrow for the Synod Assembly of the Upstate New York Synod of the ELCA. You can read about my coverage of this event last year here.

Last year I shot with my 5D Mark II, switching among the 70-200mm f/2.8, 24-70mm f/2.8 and 50mm f/1.4 lenses. In looking over the photographs, I realized that only a few were at focal lengths shorter than 40mm and many were at 200mm and were cropped to cut out distracting backgrounds.

So this year I decided to use two bodies and two lenses, the 60D with the 24-70mm f/2.8 and the 7D with the 70-200mm f/2.8. With the crop factor of these bodies taken into account I will have full coverage from 38mm to 320mm with camera bodies with almost identical sensors.

I will bring my big bag so the 5D Mark II and the 17-40mm f/4 lens will always be available if needed. Here is a shot of my Tamrac Ultra Pro 13, which contains bodies, lenses, flashes, batteries, filters, etc. and my Tamrac Adventure Messenger 5 which holds my 13" MacBook Pro, iPad Mini, speakers and all cords and chargers. Manuals for all my cameras and flashes are loaded on the iPad.


Video clips of the Assembly can be viewed on USTREAM with this link. If you're so inclined you can drop in and maybe catch me scooting around with my cameras.

And, my photos will be posted at http://trulandphoto.zenfolio.com/assembly2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment