Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Four Seasons

I mentioned last time that I would post what I considered the four best shots of the Peebles Island Trail Scenic Project, one from each season. Well, I can't really do that. I found four shots that represent each of the seasons but there are many shots I consider superior to these in some way.

A lot of my favorites were made in November, after all the foliage was gone, and in February and March, with no snow on the ground. As such, they really don't represent any of the seasons.

In any case, here are four images which I feel best represent each of the seasons beginning with Spring. I also made an effort to represent different parts of the island in my choices.

The Spring image was made on April 19, 2012 with a Canon EOS 5D and an EF 50mm f/1.4 USM lens at f/8. Shutter speed was 1/40 sec. and ISO was 100. This is the only one of the four photographs which is a single exposure. I didn't make a habit of bracketing for HDR processing until later in the project.


Spring

The Summer image was made on August 7, 2012 with a Canon EOS 5D Mark II and EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM lens at 24mm and f/8. This is a three shot bracketed HDR image processed with Photomatix Essentials and the shutter speed for the normally exposed shot is 1/90 sec. and ISO was 100.


Summer

The Autumn image was made on October 16, 2012 with the Canon EOS 5D Mark II and EF 17-40mm  f/4L USM lens at 21mm and f/5.6. This is also a three shot bracketed HDR image processed with Photomatix Essentials and the shutter speed for the normally exposed shot is 1/250 sec. and ISO was 200.


Autumn

The Winter image was made on December 31, 2012 with the Canon EOS 5D Mark II and EF 40mm f/2.8 STM lens at f/8. This is a three shot bracketed HDR image processed with Canon's Digital Photo Professional software and the shutter speed for the normally exposed shot is 1/250 sec. and ISO was 400.


Winter


No comments:

Post a Comment