Friday, January 25, 2013

Field Trip to NYC


I'm spending a few days in New York City. It's a family trip to enjoy Broadway and the Metropolitan Opera. I learned my lesson back in October about overloading myself with camera gear when I attended Photo Expo Plus for a day.

This time I brought only my Canon S100. Later tonight I hope to play around with the camera in Times Square.

I was surprised to look out the hotel window and see the New York Professional Performing Arts School. This is one of the New York City schools that inspired the movie and television shows "Fame." Exterior scenes from the series were shot outside this building. Alumni of the school include Alicia Keyes and Britney Spears.

I took this shot, through a somewhat dirty window, just before the light went away completely.

Canon Powershot S100, 28mm equiv., f/2.2,  1/80 sec., ISO 400

No comments:

Post a Comment