Truland Photography

Monday, December 24, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Project

I've decided to attempt a photography project over the holidays. I'm aiming to post a photo each day of the 12 days of Christmas made with the EOS 5D Mark II and EF 40mm f/2.8 STM lens, the photo having been made that day or the day before.

I've separated out this camera and lens along with a 430EX II Speedlite, a lightweight tripod and some accessories in a Tamrac Velocity 5X (5765) shoulder bag. I bought this bag for $20 over the summer and despite missing the original strap and some of the inside dividers it fits this gear nicely. I'm not sure I'll use the flash but, you know, there was a space in the bag.

Someone had cut off the waist belt that is a part of this bag so the tripod, a Benro A150EXU, slides neatly into the space the stored waist belt would take up. Here's a photo of the gear.




I got a bit of a head start yesterday by using this setup to photograph decorations at the church my family attends. Here is one of the shots I made. Some more can be viewed here.


Canon EOS 5D Mark II, EF 40mm f/2.8 STM, f/2.8, 1/180 sec., ISO 1600

I also made some iPhone wallpapers which work nicely for lock screens. To save, simply click on the photo twice and then right click to save. Put the photo in your iPhone library to use as a wallpaper.


iPhone 4 and 4S (640x960)

iPhone 5 (640x1138)


No comments:

Post a Comment