Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Little Shooting Lull

Weather and schedule seem to have conspired to keep me away from being out shooting much the last couple of weeks. But, yesterday morning, although cold (27 degrees F), was bright and sunny and because I had not yet been on the Peebles Island trails since the beginning of October, I made a couple of hours available.

There are not a lot of maple trees on Peebles Island so brilliant Fall color is isolated. Yellow and gold seem to be the predominant coloring throughout the area, at least this season.

I did not bring the tripod setup for bracketing exposures this trip. I also needed to get in a bit of walking exercise and standing, moving a short distance and standing again seems to be the procedure when using the tripod.

Although I did not bracket exposures for HDR processing, because I process RAW files on the computer rather than have the camera do the processing and save the resulting .jpg files, there is a lot that can be done to improve images.

Below are similar images, the first with just the standard settings in Canon's Digital Photo Professional software and the second after I had adjusted the standard settings to correct white balance, bring more detail in the shadows, even out the lighting a bit and slightly increase color saturation.


Canon EOS 5DII, EF 24-70 f/2.8L at 24mm, f/8, 1/30 sec., ISO 200

Canon EOS 5DII, EF 24-70 f/2.8L at 24mm, f/8, 1/30 sec., ISO 200

Here a couple more shots from yesterday and, as always, the entire Peebles Island Trail Scenic Project can be seen on Zenfolio with the link to the right.


Canon EOS 5DII, EF 24-70 f/2.8L at 24mm, f/5.6, 1/750 sec., ISO 200

Canon EOS 5DII, EF 24-70 f/2.8L at 24mm, f/5.6, 1/250 sec., ISO 200

And, a cooperative White-tailed Deer did provide me with my second "deer on the trail" shot of the project.

Canon EOS ID MarkIII, EF 300mm f/L IS USM, f/5.6, 1/90 sec., ISO 400

No comments:

Post a Comment